Thinking of visiting the Azores islands? Excellent choice! From breathtaking views to amazing wildlife and delicious food, these Portuguese islands are a never ending of surprises.
The Azores are formed by nine major islands and an islet cluster, in three main groups. Flores and Corvo to the west, Graciosa, Terceira, São Jorge, Pico and Faial in the centre. São Miguel, Santa Maria, and the Formigas Reef to the east.
These are our top 10 things to do in the Azores Islands:
1. See & Visit
1. Lagoa das Sete Cidades | São Miguel Island
2. Caldeira Velha | São Miguel Island
3. Islet of Vila Franca Campo | São Miguel Island
4. Terra Nostra Park | São Miguel Island
5. Furnas (and eat the delicious “Cozido das Furnas”) | São Miguel Island
About the author
I’m fascinated by the unique cultures of the world and I love to explore new places through local gastronomy. My passion for food lead me on my biggest adventure: build my own startup. So, 10kg later, FoodieBookings was born to provide the best (and most authentic) Portuguese food experiences 🙂