It’s not easy to make a list of the top restaurants in Lisbon, as well as our favorite “tasquinhas”, Portuguese food is so delicious and the city has grown incredibly in the past couple of years that we have a hard time selecting the best places.
To choose our top 10 we thought: “were would locals go if they could choose to eat out for 10 days?”
And here it is:
Our Top 5 Gourmet Restaurants:
Amazing new restaurants are opening in Lisbon, some keep traditional Portuguese food options with renewed recipes (locals call it “petiscos with a twist”) others are focused on delicious gastronomic fusions. Our top 5 was carefully selected according to menu options on food and wine, food presentation and atmosphere.
1. Bairro do Avillez (Rua Nova da Trindade nº18)
2. Carmo (Largo do Carmo nº10)
3. Sea Me Lisbon (Rua do Loreto nº21)
4. Tasca da Esquina (Rua Domingos Sequeira nº41)
5. Zambeze (Calçada do Marquês de Tancos, Edifício EMEL)
Our Top 5 “Tasquinhas”:
You’re probably wondering what a “tasquinha” is. In Portugal there are small restaurants where people go to “petiscar”, this means that whenever locals want to grab a bite, they gather to eat small amounts of traditional Portuguese food. In Spain this food it’s called “tapas”, in Portugal it’s called “petiscos”.
6. Tasca Pombalina (Praça Dom Pedro IV)
7. Casa do Alentejo (Rua das Portas Santo Antão nº58)
8. BDO (Rua de São Paulo nº39)
9. Zé da Mouraria (Rua João do Outeiro nº24)
10. Imperial de Campo de Ourique (Rua Correia Teles nº67)
So, now you that we have revealed our favorite restaurants in Lisbon, join our Lisbon Food Network community on Facebook or our Lisbon Vegan & Vegetarian Foodies group to ask locals for advice and share food experiences!
Looking for things to do in Lisbon? Have a look at our culinary experiences with local foodies
About the author
I’m fascinated by the unique cultures of the world and I love to explore new places through local gastronomy. My passion for food lead me on my biggest adventure: build my own startup. So, 10kg later, FoodieBookings was born to provide the best (and most authentic) Portuguese food experiences 🙂