Join me to taste the traditional Furnas Stew - a dish that takes 7h to be prepared. It is cooked under the earth, using the hot steam of the volcanic region of Furnas.
After dinner, we will do a bathing experience at the Poça da Dona Beija, where the water temperature it's between 29ºC and 39ºC.
The best of this experience, besides relaxing in an authentic way, is that you will taste a wide variety of local food. Vegetarian options are available.
- Pick up and drop off at your accommodation
- Dinner: Appetizers (wheat and corn bread, São Jorge Island cheese and butter) as well as traditional Cozido das Furnas (beef, pork, chicken, cabbage, carrots, chorizo, black pudding, potatoes, yams and sweet potato)
- Drinks: Red wine or white wine, water, beer, juices (such as "Kima" - passion fruit juice typical of the island of São Miguel), Azores tea and coffee
- Dessert: Pineapple, local sweets and pastries - and more
- I can provide apart from the Cozido das Furnas, such as grilled tuna steak, local grilled steak, or other dish
- Vegetarian options available
- Thermal bath
- Bring swimwear
- If you have any food allergies, we can adapt the menu with previous notice
- It is wise to bring a warm coat in the autumn and winter season
São Miguel Island, Portugal